Financial Assistance Application
Instructions for the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application
If IUHPFL applicants wish to be considered for IUHPFL financial assistance, their Parent/Guardian will need to complete the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application. Parents should read these instructions in full before beginning the application process. An IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application will have no bearing on a student’s acceptance status with IUHPFL.
IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application Instructions-Printable.
- IUHPFL financial assistance awards typically range between $250 and $1,500. Therefore, it is necessary for applicants to have additional funding sources to pay for program fees and airfare.
- Not all applicants will qualify to receive IUHPFL financial assistance. Financial assistance applications are ranked against other applications from the same year, so whereas a student may qualify for financial aid in other situations, he/she may not qualify for IUHPFL financial assistance in comparison to other applicants.
- Even though applicants complete the FAFSA, if a student receives IUHPFL financial assistance they will not actually receive Federal financial aid. IUHPFL does not receive Federal funds or grants. If you receive IUHPFL financial assistance, it will be as a reduction in IUHPFL Program Fees.
The IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application is due by February 1 via the IUHPFL website. The form will be active between November 15th and February 1st.
Form SubmissionThe IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application is a two-step process:
- Step One is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to obtain your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number.
- Step Two is to complete IUHPFL’s online Financial Assistance Application where you enter the EFC, upload a copy of your FAFSA confirmation page, answer the 5 questions, and submit the form.
- After the February 1st deadline, the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Committee will review all applications.
- On approximately February 8, applicants will receive their first invoice via email, reflecting any financial assistance awarded. Financial assistance shows up as a reduction in Program Fees on the invoice.
- The first installment of Program Fees is due one week later on February 15 (the initial $500 deposit).
- All accepted students are required to pay the non-refundable deposit, even if they receive financial assistance.
AwardsNot all applicants will qualify to receive financial assistance. If you do not wish to apply or be considered for financial assistance, it is unnecessary to fill out this application.
Financial Assistance Application Step-by-Step Instructions
- Parents/guardians (not students) should complete both the FAFSA and the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application. For IUHPFL’s purposes, the FAFSA is a financial verification tool, and unless your student is a Senior, you will be filling out the FAFSA simply to obtain an accurate EFC number. (Consider it practice for when your child applies to college!)
- Before starting, parents/guardians should gather their most recent tax return and other documents needed to determine incomes, expenses, and assets of the applying student and guardian(s).
- Complete the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov to determine your EFC number.
- Choose the most recent year for which you have documents or estimates. Enter all pertinent information for the student and guardian(s). See IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application Instructions-Printable for more information on how to complete the FAFSA.
- After completing the FAFSA, complete the online IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application form.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org before February 1st with any questions about the Financial Assistance Application. Decisions will be announced February 8.