The starting salary for IUHPFL instructors is approximately $3,600. The program covers transportation (international transportation to and from the destination abroad, U.S. domestic travel to and from airport of international departure up to $400, as well as transportation for program-related activities onsite), lodging, and most meals. Compensation does not include personal expenses or personal travel during the program.
Applicants are required to obtain two references from the individuals identified below. References must be submitted using the IUHPFL Reference Form. Applicants are responsible for following up with references to ensure they have been submitted by the deadline, October 15, 2018.
For Indiana High School teachers, references should be from:
- School principal, familiar with applicant's teaching and leadership abilities AND
- A colleague familiar with applicant's work ethic, teaching, ability to work with students, etc.
For Indiana University non-tenure track Faculty and Grad Students, references should be from:
- A professor in an area of academic focus AND
- Another professor familiar with applicant's teaching and leadership abilities OR
A colleague familiar with applicant's work ethic, teaching, ability to work with students, etc.
- Prepare an up-to-date résumé.
- Include a cover letter in English that:
- outlines your relevant teaching experience and how it will make you a valuable instructor for the program
- outlines how participating as an instructor will contribute to your overall professional goals
- indicates a solid understanding of the structure of IUHPFL and its expectations of you as an instructor, colleague and mentor.
- Send your résumé and cover letter to Loni Dishong, Managing Director, IUHPFL, at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2018.
- Once application materials are received, interviews and class visits will be arranged. If it is not possible for our staff to observe your teaching, you will be asked to submit a video clip from one of your recent class periods. If you are a graduate student at IUB and are currently not teaching, your resume and professional references must indicate outstanding teaching experience.
- Ensure that your references complete the online Reference Form by October 15, 2018.
Final decisions regarding IUHPFL instructor teams for 2019 will be announced before Thanksgiving Break, so that instructors can help to screen student applications during Winter Break.