There are two types of IUHPFL Ambassadors. Alumni Ambassadors work with prospective students, representing IUHPFL at recruitment events, high school presentations, and during orientation. Class Ambassadors work with other alumni, representing their program site for their year abroad.
Alumni Ambassadors represent and exemplify the ideals of IUHPFL. An Alumni Ambassador's most important responsibility is to share information about IUHPFL with prospective students.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an alumn of an IUHPFL program
- Receive the Award of Excellence upon completion of IUHPFL
- Be enthusiastic about study abroad with IUHPFL
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- It is a great way to "pay it forward" and share the opportunities that IUHPFL presented you
- It is a valuable experience and a great addition to your resume, as it requires you to assist presentations, engage in public speaking, and answer questions from prospective students and parents
- It is excellent practice in preparing for the job market as it allows you to gain professional skills applicable to any career
IUHPFL welcomes alumni from all years to serve as class ambassadors. We began the Alumni Project when it became clear that many alumni are no longer in contact with IUHPFL. For years no e-mail or other online communication existed. People moved, life happened.
Since we started the Class Ambassador program many former participants serve as class ambassadors by helping to contact and search for their fellow classmates.
Our goal is to find one "class ambassador" from each program for each year to assist us in reconnecting alumni with IUHPFL. If you are interested in becoming a class ambassador we will provide you with a list of names, high schools and other contact information we may have from their time in the program. Class ambassadors also help coordinate alumni events, like reunions or scholarship fundraisers.