There are two types of IUHPFL Ambassadors. Alumni Ambassadors work with prospective students, representing IUHPFL at recruitment events, highschool presentations, and during orientation. Class Ambassadors work with other alumni, representing their program site for their year abroad.
Alumni Ambassadors represent IUHPFL and exemplify the ideals of IUHPFL. An Alumni Ambassador's most important responsibility is to share information about IUHPFL with prospective students.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an alum of an IUHPFL program
- Receive the Award of Excellence upon completion of IUHPFL
- Be enthusiastic about study abroad with IUHPFL
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- It is a great way to "pay it forward" and share the opportunities that IUHPFL presented you
- It is a valuable experience and a great addition to your resume, as it requires you to assist presentations, engage in public speaking, and answer questions from prospective students and parents
- It is excellent practice in preparing for the job market as it allows you to gain professional skills applicable to any career
If you are interested in becoming an Alumni Ambassador, please let us know at email@example.com or via phone at 812.856.2123
IUHPFL welcomes alumni from all years to serve as class ambassadors. Since beginning the Alumni Project it has become clear that many alumni are no longer in contact with IUHPFL. For many years no e-mail or other online communication existed. People moved, life happened.
Now that we started the Class Ambassador program, many former participants have come forward to serve as class ambassadors by helping to contact and search for their fellow classmates.
Our goal is to find one "class ambassador" from each program for each year to assist us in reconnecting alumni with IUHPFL. If you are interested in becoming a class ambassador, we will provide you with a list of names, high schools, and other contact information we may have from their time in the program. The class ambassador will then attempt to contact everyone in the group and reconnect the group members with IUHPFL and each other. Class ambassadors also help coordinate alumni events, such as reunions or donations for scholarships.
Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 812.856.2123.